Sunday, March 13, 2022

Montséret - tall trees

I sketched and wrote this a few weeks ago. How the world has changed. #peaceforukraine #stoppputin

For this version, I decided to work in portrait format, giving more space for the sky and the fields. I think my trees are a little too big, but otherwise it works I think. I should have kept the sky lighter. I'm not sure I have the energy for another version. We'll see!


I had to rework my original version a good bit.  As you can see here, the little house and the yellow field in front of it were eye magnets, capturing the eye, and the dark trees were stopping the viewer's gaze from going anywhere else, so I softened the house and connected that yellow field behind the trees to the right. I'm glad I reworked it.


No comments:

Post a Comment