Wednesday, March 09, 2022

Fourth Corner pub

I sketched and wrote this a few weeks ago. How the world has changed. #peaceforukraine #stoppputin

We were supposed to sketch in St Patrick Cathedral's park. But Storm Franklin decided to turn up and we took refuge in the Fourth Corner pub. It was lovely and quiet when the first few of us arrived, and it got busier as the afternoon went on. A few sketchers got too soaked to come in, and some others opted to sketch from photos at home (what's the fun in that?) but for the few of us who made it to the pub, it was a peaceful afternoon spent in companionable silence and deep observation.

I had brought markers and pencils only, no watercolours. So I was actually much slower than I normally would be. It takes time to get used to different media. I'm not sure it's for me in the long run, but I do enjoy trying different things - it forced me to observe the light and shade more. 

All while drinking a Raspberry Sour mocktail - feeling very sophisticated!


No comments:

Post a Comment