Friday, March 11, 2022

Evening, looking towards Montséret

I sketched and wrote this a few weeks ago. How the world has changed. #peaceforukraine #stoppputin

Quick watercolour sketches in one of my sketchbooks (Etchr sketchbook, hot press). The first one with Daniel Smith colours - sky in Naples yellow. Second in White Nights paints - can't remember now if I used Golden or Naples yellow for the sky. It should be in my notes down below. But I did notice that if I dilute Golden a lot, it makes a lovely soft sky colour.

The shapes are a bit too geometric, so we try again



This is a lot more peaceful, but I lost the hills somewhere. I need the hills back!

And for the geeks like me, here are my notes. Yes, this is how I work. I need to look at each thumbnail and write what works, what doesn't and what I can do about it! I'm so glad I'm back in the right frame of mind! (Clearly I painted and wrote this before the Russian army invaded Ukraine - I haven't been in the right frame of mind since!)

No comments:

Post a Comment