Tuesday, December 14, 2021

What's Up with Trees?

I was travelling with minimum luggage, so I didn't have the exact pigments that were recommended for this mini-workshop. Never a problem for me! I'm happy to mix whatever is in my palette!

So this is the other workshop that helped to keep me sane while I was confined in my hotel room in Belgium, while awaiting the results of my PCR test. 

I didn't think I would be able to attend, but I did, following all instructions on my phone screen and painting in my sketchbook under poor lighting conditions. Hotel rooms are not designed for making art! This was an Arttoolkit workshop with Uma Kelkar. It was fast-paced and packed with tips and well-thought-out progression. My sketches are in the reverse order of the class, but you can still clearly see how Uma took us from simple colour mixing to composition and colour temperature to get us to paint a lovely scene! It was perfect. 






No comments:

Post a Comment