Sunday, December 19, 2021

Trucker protest in Dublin

Well, a week before there was a farmer protest (against climate action, because they want a future for their grand-children - you couldn't make it up!!). But I was sitting in the car too far back to sketch. Plus I was too busy beeping my own horn in protest at the protest.

This time, it was a trucker protest against the cost of diesel! Go figure!! When we should be transporting goods by train instead. Plus we shouldn't be buying so much stuff! But this time I was travelling by public transport and this long queue of lorries blocking traffic turned into a wonderful sketch opportunity for me. They had flashing red lights at the back of the cabins, and they were beeping their horns aplenty! Just on the corner of Stephen's Green, at the Leeson Street end, where I was under the shelter of an awning at the old Canada House (whatever it is now, I have no idea, just another bland office block)

This is the finished sketch




And this is how far I got on location, standing and sketching frantically before they were gone! There was a lot of them, so when one was gone, there was always another one to take its place. They kind of got stuck at the end, causing mayhem in the city centre!


No comments:

Post a Comment