Friday, December 24, 2021

National Museum and National Library

I decided to pick exactly the same angle as I did the last time I sketched outside the National Museum. It wasn't a good idea. I thought I had improved in the last few years. This sketch tells me I haven't! Here is the link to the original if you don't believe me! And the ink bled with the watercolours, which didn't help my mood. This ink is supposed to be waterproof. But I suspect the paper makes a difference. And the damp late afternoon in December certainly didn't help.




After I got home, I used an app to trace from my photo. Much happier with the shape of that. Something I need to explore so I get these complex shapes better in future!


Another one done on location. Didn't boost my confidence one bit!




No comments:

Post a Comment