Monday, December 20, 2021

The last of the foliage

These leaves are long gone. I am way behind with my blog. I will survive.
I'm trying different materials these days. Some more successful than others. On the left was done with the Derwent Line and Wash set. I have used it a few times. And yes, I did buy it. I didn't receive it as a gift, although I was involved in a promotion a short while back. And to be honest, it's just as well. Because I don't like it very much. The colours are too flat for me. Compare it to the vibrancy of what I did on the right-hand page with my usual watercolours! It probably works great for people who go for a lighter wash over a drawing, but I'm more of a watercolour woman (doesn't rhyme with Kentucky Woman)! Each to their own!

 


I tried something else here. I don't like the bit at the top where I tried to paint the shape of the leaves, but I'm delighted with how the little tree at the bottom worked out. Semi-abstract, but I think the work I put in on the edges paid off. I must remember to try that again!


No comments:

Post a Comment