Wednesday, December 22, 2021

Stephen's Green clouds and people on benches

This is the time of the year when it becomes difficult to take photos of my sketches. There is so little light most days. So the photos of these sketches don't do them justice.
Not good for photography, but marvellous for painting. Even a cloudy afternoon has streaks of light catching the top of the trees, and the bottom of the clouds. So I had a great time sketching in St Stephen's Green, with other sketchers dotted around me. I always bring two sketchbooks, as paint can be slow to dry at this time of the year. I did go into Starbucks at the old Anglo Irish Bank building, and dried my final sketch under the hand dryer, which pushed paint around in streaks, but that's OK.







I finished with people vignettes. The light in the sky was more or less gone. And it was getting cold, but I soldiered on!



It's hard to photograph your work in winter - the light can be very dull, and sometimes too harsh. This photo below probably captures the soft colours better.


And here is a picture of me taken by Irish Times photographer, Tom Honan. I was clearly absorbed in my work. And cosy with my many warm layers!








No comments:

Post a Comment