Wednesday, November 02, 2022

Trip to Belgium - Namur & Bouge

A few sketches I managed to slip in while in Namur. I didn't have much time to myself, so these are very much "sketching while waiting"

The view from my hotel room. I stayed at the Ibis. I used to stay in the Hotel de Flandres, until they let me down badly and tried to make me stay in their "studio", basically a dark, smelly room, with a separate entrance and a shared hallway, and it would appear a key that works for the neighbouring room, where a man seemed to be living permanently, amongst piles of paper and cigarette smoke. Somehow, the reception team seemed to think it was an acceptable environment for a woman travelling on her own. So, now I stay at the Ibis and it's much better. 


I went to Exki for a light breakfast. (Don't want hotel breakfasts every day).


The view to the courtyard at Exki. According to my dad, there used to be a metal workshop there, who made the structures for shop awnings. My parents had the shop where Zara is now, and they sold the awning fabric and did the installation too I believe.


I was early at Krëfel in Bouge, so I sketched one of the houses across the way while waiting for the shop to open.




No comments:

Post a Comment