Tuesday, November 22, 2022

crashing waves

You can see I've been watching Poppy Balser videos! I know I keep going back and forth between all the things I want to paint better, clouds, sea, rocks, all together now. And cars too, but that's a different story!!

I'm slowly getting back into painting, although I have to say I haven't painted anything really for probably 6 weeks. Which is not me at all. Which is not good. So I will take this as a baby step in the right direction. What can I say? My attention isn't focused at the moment. There is a lot going on.

But watching Poppy Balser's wave videos was very interesting, and I will keep practising, without trying to make a painting just yet. I need to acknowledge the fact that I need to build up the skills for now. Without too much expectation.

I did these two separate attempts on the one page in a watercolour sketchbook.  For the second one, I actually drew the general shape of the wave before adding paint. That was useful Painting a rolling wave (as opposed to a crashing wave) is the next thing on my list, clearly!






No comments:

Post a Comment