Tuesday, November 08, 2022

Bittersweet

Bittersweet was the name of the café where the others were, a little further along on the journey. I did join them close to lunchtime, so I ordered scrambled eggs on toast, but the others moved to another café for lunch, so I didn't get a chance to chat properly with anyone. 


This will be published after Halloween, but this was done a couple of weeks earlier, and the café was all decked up with seasonal decorations. I can't believe that in a few days, it will all switch to Christmas decorations!


The waitress was delighted when I showed her the sketch. She told she had goosebumps, and she took a picture of the sketch. Those are the moments that make me so happy when I'm sketching. Even though my sketch of her wasn't very detailed or flattering!


So, bittersweet indeed. I am feeling quite disconnected at the moment. There is a lot going on, and I just have to accept it. But I miss the connection with my community. And yet, my personality is such that I can't skip stages of the journey, so I will have to live with it. And sketch faster. So that soon I will be able to chat with my friends again.




No comments:

Post a Comment