Monday, November 07, 2022

Burtons

Trying to catch up on my life and the great journey West. This is Burtons on the corner of Dame Street and Great Georges Street South.This is an art deco building constructed in 1929/30.  It was a wet day when I sketched it, but it has a beautiful glow and I love its blue/purple roof. Now, the downstairs is occupied by a pretty nondescript Spar, and it looks like the upstair is all offices, so I imagine that nothing of the original interior remains. Such a shame. 


I was cosy upstairs in KC Peaches across the way, which explains the weird perspective. And also the cup of matcha latte. One of the best I have had recently, by the way. And the waitress asked me where all the other sketchers were. Unfortunately, I have fallen behind and it will be a while before I catch up. I miss the banter, but I want to continue sketching the journey in sequence, so I will be on my own for the next while.

Here is the photo I took on location.


And the page with text added.


And shots giving you a better view of the building.


No comments:

Post a Comment