Tuesday, January 26, 2021

Sketchbook design

Apologies for grouping so many sketch pages into the one post, but I just don't have the time to write lots and lots these days. So, I'm also doing Liz Steel's online course, Sketchbook Design. Very interesting to learn how to tie sketches together with borders, titles, text, etc. For some of these pages, I just did some quick sketches, leaving lots of white space and then I came back and added elements to create a design. Great fun. And particularly useful for sketches that didn't really work out the way I had hoped!! It really takes the pressure of the sketch!! I think the only design elements I haven't tried yet are maps, and background colour

Border, headings, text, white space


Colour block, text


Borders, heading, text, secondary sketch


Border, collaged item, text, diagram


Collage, text


No comments:

Post a Comment