Saturday, January 23, 2021

2021 Goals

I've got a bit of catching up to do. Am I the only person that achieves less during a lockdown than she would in normal life??

One of the first themes for Dublin Sketchers this year was goals and wishes for 2021 - so, why did I sketch a car parked in a nondescript neighbourhood, a hedge and lots of people?

Well, let's be realistic, the way things are going, we won't be travelling any time soon! Ireland's numbers are stuck at a high level. Our vaccination program is slow to get going. The virus variants are cause for concern. So my simple wish is to be able to get back to sketching on location, with my friends. I did this sketch from the car, in a neighbourhood not too far from where we live. I sketched the same thing three times. Why? I'm not sure. I wanted to look deeper. I didn't want to drive around and have the local neighbourhood watch call the guards. Or maybe I was expressing the groundhog day feeling that I can't shake. Even my cat's routine is more varied than mine! Although, today, we have injected a bit of excitement into our daily walks within our 5km perimeter - at every junction, we alternated who made the decision whether to go right or left, or straight on. It was great fun, and a wonderful way to break the routine. I am full of good ideas!


And still from the same spot, I decided to look at the walls and hedges.


And although I cringe at the idea of another Zoom call, it is lovely to see familiar faces. One of them complained about their chin - I was actually quite happy with the likeness there!! This is why I don't do portraiture!


No comments:

Post a Comment