Saturday, January 30, 2021

Getting ready to go big!

I have done a few pieces in half sheet over the last year or so, but they were not very successful - mentally, it's a big jump for me.

So I decided to practise a bit! I have a board big enough for  half sheet - it's a cut-up electoral poster that I found on the footpath near our estate after a storm during an election campaign - the best time to find coroplast boards without creating more demand for plastic!! It's slightly damaged on the white side, so I will have the politician's eyes staring at me every time I paint!! And I have to use it upside down because the top of the poster is cut perfectly straight compared to where I cut it myself! When you're dealing with a water medium, you have to think about the even flow of paint down the page!! 

I'm using blue tack to keep it stable on my easel board. Fingers crossed that will work ok and my board won't go flying when I paint vigorously!

I haven't thought of a solution yet for the dripping paint from my big brush. I found it was dripping onto my palette and even the carpet. Ah well...






No comments:

Post a Comment