Tuesday, January 14, 2020

studies for a winter sky over the sea

I think of myself mostly as a watercolour artist. But lately I have been more focused on urban sketching and life drawing. Just one of those phases in life. A kitten who jumps on the desk without warning. Other preoccupations. Just normal life taking over.
So I've this big sky I would like to paint, but so far, I've only done a few studies for it. But without enough focus really, so it may never get to a finished painting. Too many other shiny objects distracting me with new challenges and courses right now!

And by the way, nothing to do with art, but this morning as I was walking the dog, I saw a woman pull her car up beside a public bin. She got out. Then took a plastic bag from the car. And put it in the bin. I called out to her: "Really?" I said "Do you not have a bin at home?". She just looked at me. Got back into her car. Did a three-point turn. And drove back into the estate right beside the public bin. What hope has the world got? Maybe it's for the best that the human race will be erased by climate change?

Rant over.

Time to paint!







No comments:

Post a Comment