Wednesday, January 01, 2020

St Michan's

I know I'm always over-ambitious about projects I take on for the year, but, if I didn't, time would just slip away with nothing to show for it. So I've committed to the SketchingNow Buildings run-through with Liz Steel. So far, I've only done one of the exercises, but it was worth it. I did this sketch of St Michan's on a dark rainy day from the cosiness of a café, but the combination of raindrops on the window and the reflection of the strong lighting made it difficult to see. I have to admit I didn't really measure my angles when I was drawing. I was preoccupied with other things, but it turned out all right. Well, a little over 20 degrees of a difference for one of the angles, but the others are only about 10 degrees out, which is not too bad. And I did manage to sketch the cars, despite one of them leaving the parking space, but thankfully replaced almost immediatly by a similar size car!
And by the way, you wouldn't think I was good at maths and physics when I was younger. I had terrible trouble measuring those angles!




No comments:

Post a Comment