Thursday, July 18, 2019

View over the Liffey



You think of Temple Bar, and you see crowds, people taking selfies, drinking on the street, Irish music on a loop, fresh puke on the pavement. And that's at 2pm on a sunny Sunday afternoon. Not the best place to be sketching! But we had access to a private terrace at the Temple Bar Gallery + Studios and I got there early (mais oui) and got the best spot, standing at the balustrade. I sketched with a fountain pen and an Ecoline marker, and when I got tired of standing, I sat down on my little stool and added watercolour. I had to stand up every so often to check the actual colours. I think the best part of the sketch is the chimneys, they look like cherry trees dancing in the mind, don't they?

I still had a bit of time before our meetup at 4pm, so I went downstairs, had an energy ball and a glass of lemonade, and did another quick sketch of people who were taking part in a creative workshop.

Lots of new sketchers turned up. Maybe we'll see them again some time!

No comments:

Post a Comment