Sunday, July 07, 2019

The Atlantic ocean at sunset


This view is me playing with ideas for a commission - it might take me a while before I get to a version I'm happy with. And it's not just me that needs to be happy! I worked on 1/8th sheet. I really want to paint it in Quarter Imperial (that's roughly A3), or even Half if I dare. I shouldn't say that - painting that big is really scary, like a juggling act with paint drying too quickly in one spot while it's still sloshing around in another.
I like how the sky worked out - I'd like a little bit more drama, but not too much - this is the West of Ireland, not Key West. I also like the mountains in the distance and the bit of rock on the left. But the two hills on the right are too dark and too warm a tone, so they really jump forward, which is not where they should be.
So, I have a plan, now all I need to do is execute it. Or procrastinate.


No comments:

Post a Comment