Thursday, February 26, 2015

Gelli print with foam plate stamps

As I was looking at Gelli Arts' latest technique, I remembered I had bought foam plates in Deals (€1.49) a while back and hadn't really used them for anything.

First, I entered the monthly competition (I didn't win).

Then, I watched the video on their blog:



And then I got started.

And I couldn't stop.

And this was with just copying the designs from Gelli Arts, and using a couple of colours.
I can't wait to try out other stamp ideas. I particularly like the idea of writing, as it's so simple, no messing with mirror images.

This is my favourite of the lot:


But I also like this one:


And this one:


And this one too. This one would have been my favourite if I hadn't decided to mix styles and include writing, which I think doesn't really work with the wheels/coins/aztec symbols thing.


And here is a different one, using lines. One of the images is the simple print,  another is the ghost print and another is using the foam as a stamp, but I couldn't tell you which is which at this point. It's so easy to get lost in your own little world when you're gelli printing. I really like this one. It makes me think of the exhibition A Terrible Beauty currently showing at the Georgian Society.


And here are the foam stamps and a couple more prints




No comments:

Post a Comment