Tuesday, May 13, 2014

The Documented Life Project - Week 8

I love it that the ladies from Art to the 5th came up with all these ideas to inspire creativity. So, I've now completed the Week 8 challenge - add a flap to your flap. I was glad of the tutorial video from Roben-Marie Smith, because I was really not sure about the technicalities of this project.


So here are the steps - deep breath, there's a lot of steps:
  1. Chose a page with colour on it - again left-over paint from a gelli print, applied with my brayer
  2. Chose a flap - I was thinking of using a postcard, then I found this card while tidying up - it was a thank-you card from a friend's daughter. I decided to use it because I thought it was really sweet she sent me a thank-you card - I didn't think the youth of today even knew how to post a letter. And also because I like the green and blue
  3. I cut a circular tab so I could insert a little message - thank you Roben-Marie Smith for the idea and instructions
  4. I glued a few little cut-out flowers (punched with a flower punch - the paper is a paint colour chart - I will be frequenting my local DYI store to raid these as often as I dare!)
  5. I cut an origami square with a print that I liked - these little arrows are gorgeous, so delicate - and glued strips in a couple of locations
  6. I cut my own arrow stamp - not quite so delicate, but pretty all the same.
  7. I applied a little Thank You note I found in my Japanese paper scraps
  8. I used a lovely set of dye inks I got in the Art&Hobby shop - I know dye inks are not archival quality, but they are so pretty, I couldn't resist.  And I printed arrows in lots of different locations
  9. I glued a beautiful Japanese stamp - you can never have too many Japanese stamps!
  10. I tore and glued bits of green paper from a craft set from Dealz
  11. I applied a tiny little Japanese sticker
  12. I added a personal note on the main page and a note to friends and family on the flap
  13. I hate throwing things away, so I glued the semi-circular cutout from step 3 to the back of my flap, and drew a few more arrows
  14. I applied washi tape to fix my flap to the top of the main page - again, thank you to Roben-Marie Smith for excellent video instructions on how to do that!
  15. I started my journal page on the other side - Neocolor II pencil, white dots, little stickers with numbers from an Urban Stamp rubber stamp kit, more arrows, and a few items from the start of my week. The rest of the week will be work work work, but it's nice to get a good start
  16. I called it done!
More photos below:












2 comments:

  1. Very nice! I enjoy the behind the scenes look at DLP pages! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Janet. I've only discovered the Documented Life Project recently, but I'm having so much fun!

      Delete