Sunday, May 11, 2014

The Documented Life Project - Week 7

The theme for the Week 7 Challenge was to draw a shape, repeat it and add colour. I was tempted to do circles, but looking at my pile of gelli prints, I thought rectangles would work better. And I was busy with Happy Mail this week, so decided to keep it simple


Here are my steps:

  1. Pick a page with a gelli print brayer leftover background - I wanted an urban feel
  2. Cut a few bright Gelli prints into small rectangles
  3. Move them around the page until I liked what I saw
  4. Glued them all on
  5. Added a bit of shadow with a Faber Castell PITT marker (sepia)
  6. Started drawing an urban landscape with the same marker
  7. Added more shadow with my Neocolor II pencils
  8. Cut a round moon from a leftover Gelli print - my Gyro-Cut was giving me trouble despite the new blade, but I managed it in the end - the bottom of my moon is a bit flat! 
  9. Glued it to the page
  10. Added a doodle border - sepia and white, keeping the same rectangular theme
  11. Pencilled in a little bit of light on the horizon (I was inspired by a post on Gelli Arts' facebook page by an artist called Kathleen Pequignot). I used my good old Caran d'Ache pencils - I already had those when I was still getting colouring books for Christmas presents - I do have a tendency to save my beloved art supplies. Somebody calls it hoarding!
  12. Called it done
  13. Then I added my to-do list for the day on the opposite page. 
    1. Picked a page from a hotel notebook (my favourite hotel in New York)
    2. Wrote my list
    3. Added pencil colour all around
    4. That's it!
Do you get the feeling that you can never complete even half the tasks on your To-Do list?


No comments:

Post a Comment