Saturday, February 04, 2012

Windows on a Wall

I've got Zazzle on my mind today. I painted a watercolour just so I can use it as a design for a folio planner in Zazzle!

You see, you can't use any old painting for Zazzle - you have to design for its use (different design for a mug than for a laptop sleeve or shoes - oh they don't do the shoes anymore. I have a beautiful pair of keds with my own design of cherry-blossom. I'm so glad I got them.) and its shape and dimensions. It has to work as a product, not just a flat painting.

I had an idea of windows on a warm Mediterranean-coloured wall. I did a couple of drawings to develop this simple concept, measured my paper to match the dimensions and proportions of the folio planner, applied wax and oil pastel resist, and finally, painted bright sunny colours. It will shortly be available on Zazzle! I can't wait to see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment