Thursday, February 09, 2012

Breakfast in Bewley's

We decided to treat ourselves to breakfast in Bewley's on Grafton Street yesterday. It was years since I was there. Brendan had the full Irish and I, pancakes with nutella and banana. Lovely. Service was good. But I don't think you could linger there for hours like you could in the old days, reading a paper and watching people come and go. The banquette seats kind of block the view, so you can only see a small portion of the room. And they seat 2+2 in the banquettes, so you can't have a lovely big table to yourself any more - We had a table for 2, which was fine, but we saw a couple at a banquette finding themselves with a lady seated just beside them - it was too close for comfort, and they quickly finished their tea and left.

We were just beside one of the Harry Clarke stained glass windows and I was able to admire the detail work, which was a real delight. (Photo from this blog)

A good way to start the day. A pity it was so cold in town yesterday, though. I was wearing a warm jacket, but the wind chilled me to the bone. However, with temperatures reaching 11 today, I really can't complain. The rest of Europe is still stuck in sub-zero Siberian air, after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment