Monday, February 27, 2012

Pierre Marcolini chocolates

Ingrid brought us chocolates when she came to visit us last weekend - but not ordinary chocolates, Pierre Marcolini chocolates! (Note: the site uses Flash and won't work on an iPad, iPod, or iPhone). I'm a fan of Belgian chocolates, but I'm generally happy with Cote d'Or or Léonidas. Since I left the country 25 years ago, the level of sophistication in chocolate-making has definitely grown exponentially!

Pierre Marcolini chocolates are not big, but they are packed with flavour, with no guilt attached, they are so small. I can honestly say that every single one I've tried (and we're now on the 2nd layer) has been delicious, with unusual flavours (like ginger, saffron, earl grey tea, violet) and textures (crunchy Quimper lace biscuit) and even colours (ruby red heart).

Looking forward to my next trip to Belgium already!

PS: I couldn't give you my own photo as my box is half empty.

No comments:

Post a Comment