Tuesday, March 08, 2011

Kindle App on iPad

As you all know, I'm very fond of my iPad. And I like to read books. So the Kindle iPad App is the perfect tool for me. I only found out about it a couple of weeks ago, when reading an artice about possible legal battles between Apple an Sony over the Sony ebooks.

I've downloaded a few books. It's so easy - literally one-click from the Amazon website. But note you have to go to www.amazon.com, as www.amazon.co.uk won't deliver ebooks to Ireland. Go figure?.

These books will come in handy the next time I'm flying Ryanair - I won't have to make hard choices about which books to bring and which to leave behind.

I even got an art instruction book, complete with colour pictures. It's called Powerful Watercolour Landscapes by Catherine Gill. I'm learning plenty. I have to say  I love it so much that I've added the Hardback version to my Amazon Wish List!

Hopefully the legal battles will get settled and I'll be able to continue using my iPad for reading - though I have to admit it doesn't fit in the hand quite as nicely as a Kindle.

No comments:

Post a Comment