Friday, February 11, 2011

St André Mist

You can't beat Photoshop Elements really, even the ancient version I'm still using (3.0). I brought in the drawing from Sketchbook Pro onto my laptop, connected my Wacom tablet, and opened Photoshop. A layer or two later, and the Bucket tool was doing its job nicely, a nice soft effect that I must now try to emulate with the real thing - watercolours!

For the first one, I used a left to right pattern for the sky.


On the second one, I went for a starburst pattern, which gave a lovely effect of the sun about to rise behind the hills













The last picture just shows the tracing done with the Wacom tablet! The weird squiggles at the end of every line are because the pen is misbehaving a bit - it's over-sensitive and starts drawing even when I'm about an inch from the tablet! It was still drawing in mid-air, although I had tried to lift it from the tablet as quickly as I could. I wonder if I need to recalibrate it, and how?



No comments:

Post a Comment