Friday, February 04, 2011

Shellac nails

This morning, I treated myself to Shellac nails. I had first heard of them on www.pynck.com, and I was intrigued. I'm not a sophisticated kind of girl. I never paint my nails, and I rarely get a manicure. I just don't have the patience to wait for the polish to dry and I end up ruining the effect before I've even left the salon. That's why I thought Shellac would work for me. They are supposed to last for 3 weeks (well, 14 days according to their website!). At €35, that's quite reasonable, I think. (Pink Beauty Boutique on Dundrum Main Street told me they also have a special offer of 2 free Shellac manicures if you block-book 6 sessions. They also have a place in Dundrum Town Centre)

And that includes free removal. They don't recommend you remove the polish at home, I'm not sure why. (The answer on the website is a bit vague: "To ensure the health of the natural nail, Shellac is a professional only service and only trained Nail Professionals should apply & remove Shellac.". Actually, there is a video explaining the science bit, but I didn't have the patience to watch it!)

I hope they'll last that long, because I think it looks really well on me. The colour I went for is Red Baroness. The only thing with Shellac is that there are not that many colours to choose from. I might try the black some day - I think it might look quite well.

I did my research last night, reading all about it on www.alllacqueredup.com (Imagine, a blog just about nail polish!). And I've just found more information on the Shellac blog. Mmm... The salon never mentioned anything about applying an oil to prevent nail dehydration. I have a bottle of Dr Hauschka Neem oil. I wonder if that will work. I might try it this evening. But what if it melts my beautiful nail colour? (Well, I know that's not very likely, but still!)

No comments:

Post a Comment