Monday, February 21, 2011

Mountains in Kerry - Step One

Here is my current project. It's a view of the mountains on the Ring of Kerry, just after we went through a mountain pass on a lonely road between Sneem and Lough Caragh near Glenbeigh last autumn. I'm having difficulty locating it on Google Maps though. We were the only car on the road for a very long time, and we felt we had found a gem, by pure luck, as road works on the Sneem-to-Kenmare road had forced us to re-route across the middle of the peninsula, rather than driving all around.

Step One. 
I'm trying to simplify the landscape. I imported a photograph into Sketchbook Pro on my iPad, created a new layer, which I used to trace the main features of the photograph. Then I shut the eye on the original layer. Here is the resulting drawing:


No comments:

Post a Comment