Saturday, August 29, 2009

Indian Summer

I mentioned we went to Indian Summer with my parents. The food was as good as ever. My mum had a lamb dish that was particularly nice - I would tell you what it was if I could only remember the name - I know it wasn't the one with spinach, and it wasn't marked as hot, but there was a good kick to it - a real burst of flavour.

Indian Summer now have an entrance at the front, which I find is nicer than the back - though you have to walk between the kitchen and the wash-up area before you get into the main restaurant. They also have a new fancy wine and Indian tapas bar at the front. It looks very flash. Must try it some day.

We were there on a Tuesday around 6 pm, normally a very quiet time, I'd imagine, but there were another 4 or 5 tables occupied - They are offering a special price Mondays to Thursdays I think - €23.50 for a starter, main course, rice and naan if I remember correctly. Excellent value. There were 2 or 3 restrictions on the menu choices, but most dishes were available, including some of the more expensive ones. I had the Red Snapper Meen Moilee for my main course - that's normally €20.50 just for that dish! Glad to see that the special prices were attracting customers, even on a Tuesday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment