Saturday, August 29, 2009

Dobbins

We went to Dobbins with Padraig and Mary last Saturday evening - my first time there. They have an early bird menu that we availed of - We're not ones for eating late, so it suited us to the ground.

There was a great buzz when we arrived at 6:45. A lot of people had decided to eat early! We had a good seat, by the kitchen hatch, and I could see people coming in and out - great for people watching. I had a terrine for starter, with brioche and sweet onion relish - perfect. My main course was called Hake Tempura something something with curry oil. It was essentially fish and chips without the chips. The fish was lovely, with mushy peas. I'm not sure about the curry oil, though - far too subtle a taste for me - I didn't get it at all. Everybody enjoyed their food - Padraig's soup looked very nice - it had cheese in it, which doesn't make for easy eating, but it looked really homely. Brendan had pork belly for main course and declared it excellent. And Mary enjoyed her crème brulée. My sticky toffee pudding was tasty but drier than I had expected, and left me feeling a bit heavy. I should have gone for Brendan's chocolate tart - I had one bite of it, and it was divine.

We had a couple of drinks at Kiely's of Mount Merrion afterwards - lovely evening. Expecting to see Padraig there tonight for Full Circle!

No comments:

Post a Comment