Thursday, September 11, 2008

Yoga

I'm a devoted yoga student - I've been going to classes in Airfield for years. But our teacher, Patricia Murphy, had to move her classes to St John's GAA in Marley Park, as Airfield didn't want to have classes in the evenings any more. Apparently, it cost them too much to keep someone there to close up if there was only one class. You'd think they would have tried to attract other classes. It's a great location, with plenty of car parking, but I get the feeling that they couldn't be bothered. Go figure!

Anyways, we had our first class in the new spot on Tuesday, and it was quite nice - a nice big room with a wooden floor, and views of Marley. The only hassle is that I can't walk to it any more, but Lucinda and I will alternate the driving, so it won't be so bad. The traffic was OK, we got there in less than 15 minutes, so we can't complain.

The class was lovely, and I'm looking forward to getting fit over the next few months. We haven't been great at going to the gym during the summer, as we had to be home for the builders, so I feel I need to get into shape - and tone up those batwing arms and flabby thighs.

No comments:

Post a Comment