Saturday, September 27, 2008

Willow

I have this idea of a big drawing of Willow's head, but I need to practise my drawing techniques first. I don't draw very neatly by nature, so I need to learn the skill. I'm not sure how to go about it except practise. And I haven't done any drawing all summer, so I'm a bit rusty. Practise is what I did this evening. I used a 3B for this, which tends to smudge. I'm going to have to use a drier pencil.


After drawing the full face, I tried to focus on the eyes. It looks a bit weird, like some Hindu deity! I find it very hard to get the shape right, which will be a problem when I try to draw this to a larger scale. I'm going to have to measure more and practise more. And that's just the right eye!


When I have the drawing figured out, I'd like to transfer it to watercolour - that will be a challenge of a completely different scale altogether!

No comments:

Post a Comment