Saturday, May 17, 2008

JK Ensemble

Right now, I'm listening to Keith Jarrett's The Koln Concert - one of my favourite pieces of music. As you know, I discovered it one day on the JK Ensemble on RTE Lyric FM. I rarely get to hear the show live on the radio (it's on Monday to Friday, between 2:30 and 4:40). Up to recently, they used to only have the previous day's show on the website, so I would only ever hear the Friday's program, as I only really catch up at the weekend. But they now post a full week's archive on the internet, so I get to hear a lot more of John Kelly's eclectic choice of music. I know that saying it's eclectic is not very original, but it really is - where else do you get to hear Keith Jarrett, Jacques Brel, Bach, Brian Eno and Sigur Ros in the same show?

No comments:

Post a Comment