Wednesday, May 28, 2008

E-Day + 9

Despite the forecast, the rain stayed off today. Fran and Stan (not David and Stan - got the names slightly wrong, there, didn't I?) worked all day, and were joined by David this afternoon (and that's how I know that Fran isn't David, if you know what I mean!). I've never seen men work so hard!
As you can see, we have a lovely moat around our house now. Let's hope it doesn't rain tonight, or we could find ducks in there tomorrow! And there is more digging to do - the party wall foundation will need to be dug tomorrow, with a jack-hammer. If all goes well, they will be able to pour the foundation on Friday, and it will settle over the weekend.


PS - 4th skip is full. There is a 5th one coming in tomorrow morning. We must make sure to move the car tonight, or the skip man will see me in my pyjamas again!

No comments:

Post a Comment