Saturday, January 12, 2008

The Onion

I do tend to be slightly obsessive when it comes to my watercolour projects - I spent weeks working on my "Aboriginal Snail" Christmas card series, and I took a picture of every single one of them before sending them! I could never be a commercial artist!


I've started work on an Onion watercolour, based on the Onion drawings I did after Christmas. I was quite pleased with my Floating Apple still life, so I decided to try out a few other fruit and veg! It's taken me a few layers to get the tones right. I think I will leave it alone, for fear of muddying it, and I'm going to concentrate on the background and foreground elements for now.


Here is an enlarged picture of it at an earlier stage. I'm leaving the box on which the onion is standing till the end. It's an old Aveda gift box, and there is quite a bit of detail on it, which I'm not sure how to tackle yet. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment