Sunday, July 29, 2007

Ballymoney, Co. Wexford

Last weekend, we were invited down to Ballymoney by Mick and Bláth. There was quite a bit of traffic on the way down, but we managed to get there in just over an hour I think, so it wasn't too bad. The weather was poor, and Mick had to abandon the barbecue and cook the lovely marinated chicken under the grill instead. Mick and Bláth are lovely hosts and had laid out quite a feast for us all (Niall and Rita and family were there too). Poor Stan had to stay outside, as Eve was a bit spooked by this big dog licking her face!

We went down to the beach, and I was glad I had brought in a pair of old flip-flops, or my beautiful sandals would have been ruined! The children braved the cold and went for a swim. Good for them! I certainly would not go for a swim in the sea anywhere in Ireland (even if I had a wetsuit, I don't think you could persuade me)

I must ask Bláth to give me the recipe of her gluten-free chocolate cake. It was to die for!

No comments:

Post a Comment