Tuesday, August 30, 2022

Rathmines has a lot to offer.

We should definitely go to Rathmines more. It's got lots to sketch and good cafés. All you need!

Rathmines College and the Carnegie Library across the way are two magnificent buildings that I need to study in more detail. I only drew them in coloured pencil, which I find very hard to photograph. And I want to wander the side streets some more, and discover all the little gems hidden away. Dublin is not a large city, but still, there is an endless supply of sketching material!



The nice café across the library didn't have matcha latte, so I went over to Starbucks. And I was rewarded with all these free models, busy studying on their computers and books. I love it that each Starbucks is different, with coffee-related art on the walls. I do wonder if they have something like 20 or 100 templates, and if I were to go to a Starbucks in Shinjuku, maybe I would find it's exactly the same as this one in Rathmines? Or is every single one of them different?



No comments:

Post a Comment