Friday, August 19, 2022

Origami Rathmines

Playing with folding and unfolding again. I am obsessed with the dome at Rathmines church, but also I want to explore the streets around the area, for their lovely quiet feeling. Rathmines used to be an area full of student flats, but now it's getting more sought after for family homes. There are still remnants of flat-land, as evidenced by all the electric cables coming out of that first house. I'm not sure it would pass a safety inspection! But I loved the view with the dome peeping out in the background behind their garden.


I moved across the road, and turned the folded page. I found a way to connect it with my first sketch, but decided to keep the second one in ink only, so it looks a bit strange, but I think it's better than trying to paint it all.


I didn't have time to do a third sketch straight away, but the next time I was in the area, I just moved a little bit to the left and compressed the space to bring it all together. It was fun to find a way to fit these houses together.



Here is the last sketch on its own. I played with textures more here, adding more detail to this sketch than the one in the middle.


Then I met up with some of the others and drew Alice. She would not recognise herself!!


Here are my urban sketcher photos, in no particular order!





It was cold, a bit of a shock after the nice weather in London!


No comments:

Post a Comment