Monday, August 22, 2022

Dun Laoghaire

I always love it when we go to Dun Laoghaire. Well, I love being by the sea, and also we don't go sketching away from the city centre that often. I used to work in Dun Laoghaire, and I used to live a little further down the coast, so it was kind of my hangout place, not that there was much, but we used to go out to the pub on a Friday night and there's many happy memories associated with it.

There are new apartments and shopping centre, but in many ways, it hasn't changed over the years.


I got obsessed with observing the sea and seaweed playing against the rocks. I tried different techniques to capture what was in front of my eyes, constantly moving, changing, dancing.






Then we went for a drink and looked at each other's sketchbooks, a favourite pastime of mine!


Here are the photos of the rocks, sea and seaweed. I need to figure out a way to give the sense of what's just under the water surface! Currently no idea how to do that! And as you can see from my photos, the light kept changing.





No comments:

Post a Comment