Tuesday, August 02, 2022

Portobello

One more session on Richmond Street. Finally reaching the canal. 

The little red house looks like it's the next shop that will be replaced by something bland and modern. Although I have to say that the architects did a decent job of 43 Richmond next to it - it seems to be a fancy eatery, but the façade still has lots of character. I worry about this whole area, though. It is changing so much since I lived around the corner on Adelaide Road (well over 30 years ago, admittedly). All these beautiful brick houses with beautiful details are being replaced by apartment blocks and offices. Who is going to live there, I wonder?


Green tea at Wall & Keogh. It was bitter and vile. She  probably poured boiling water, rather than the 75 degrees recommended for the tea I had picked. Yep, I can now definitely say that I will not be going back there, despite its cute interior!


Looking towards Rathmines church. It's been such a beacon for us sketchers on this journey, peeping over chimneys in the distance. We're finally getting there.

People walking through the plaza near the canal. The area gets really busy when the students from the language schools come out on their break. My drawing of them is a bit stiff. I'm out of practise. But I am enjoying using different tools to express the various layers of the landscape in front of my eyes. 






No comments:

Post a Comment