Sunday, July 31, 2022

still life

Connecting shapes as an exercise in Inma Serrano's Domestika course. I'm kinda chasing my tail at the moment, but I really want to do more of this practise. And yet, I still want to paint sea, sky and rocks. I wish I was more focused these days (I just typed this while looking out at the amazing clouds that I can see outside my window, and there was only one typo! I had forgotten how much I love touch-typing! And how much I love clouds. I could never live in a country where the sun shines all the time!). Anyways, let's try and focus after this. But I am a great believer in the fact that all art practise is good and will lead to improvements. So, if I draw more, my painting skills will improve too. If I'm learning composition, that will also have a positive impact. If I learn how to draw people, I will be able to populate my urban sketches and paintings with convincing figures. In other words, it's all good!

I did two versions. Which do you like best?




No comments:

Post a Comment