Tuesday, July 19, 2022

Richmond Street

The journey continues. In a new sketchbook. I'm not sure I'll have enough material to fill it, but I could come up with a few ideas that could work.

Like leaving a lot of white space on some pages.

Although I feel it looked better with no writing at the top. All the people were drawn on location from direct observation, by the way.


The area around Richmond Street is changing a lot. It was not the most salubrious when I lived around the corner on Adelaide Road, but there was a charm to it. Back in 1987. Now, we're seeing so many of the original houses and shops replaced by high-rise blocks - offices, hotels, apartments maybe. Soon, it won't feel like Dublin any more.


 
After a short break during which some of the watercolour got smudged, I went back out on the street, fixed it the best I could, then I drew the bicycle that was just to the right of the first view.


It works quite well together I think.

After walking around for a while, we met up in Wall & Keogh. They have a cute little courtyard at the back. The sandwich was quite greasy. There was plenty of conversation going around. But I just sketched. Some days, I'm not much of a conversationalist. Or it just depends who is there and how comfortable I feel with them.










2 comments:

  1. The blank space above the figures is very effective as is the bike in front of the watercolour....if you get me!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It's good when some of my experiments work!

      Delete