Thursday, June 16, 2022

Trinity College, Dublin

Oh I do love Urban Sketchers. Alyssa from New York was in Dublin for a day and a bit and she contacted Dublin Sketchers. I was happy to meet her for a quick sketch in Trinity College Dublin. No better place to meet and sketch if you're in town for a limited time!


She has a Witcher podcast, called Breakfast in Beauclair. I'm not a gamer, but I'm married to one, and I knew it was a big deal. Plus I had watched the first season on Netflix. I have now started watching season 2, and I have downloaded the books to my Kindle.

But while in Dublin, it was Alyssa the sketcher who was there, and we had a great time, too short, as I didn't have much time. And she literally came straight from the plane (well, she did drop her luggage at the hotel) - that's sketcher dedication! She was going to Belfast the next day to meet some of her fans!

We didn't let the rain showers stop us. We had picked a good spot on the steps of the chapel, and we could retreat to relative shelter when the rain got heavier. Plus sketching while holding an umbrella is an essential skill in this country!

And I did a few people sketches in a small sketchbook while standing outside the main gate. It was super fun. Lots of tourists about. Well, at least those who don't need car rental. Some tourists are cancelling their holidays in the West of Ireland due to price gouging by the car rental companies, who are charging a fortune. Welcome to Ireland!!



Yes, there were three builders standing there long enough for me to sketch them - Hi-vis jackets and hard hats bring a dash of colour to any sketch!



Two happy sketchers!


Instagram-ready!!


2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a lot of fun....love the hi-vis jackets

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would have been a bit dull without them. They appeared just at the right moment!

      Delete