Wednesday, June 29, 2022

Lille in 35 sketches - Part 4

Day 4, Sunday

Raining in the morning, so I go to the station on my own to attempt to paint the crazy installation hanging from the ceiling. Now that I look at my photo, I feel I should have sketched straight on, looking towards the tracks. But instead, I was looking to the side and up towards the ceiling above me. Well, that's what caught my eye.

Lots of trains are delayed or cancelled due to the thunderstorms and rain last night.


Then Brendan joins me and we take the subway to Wazemmes, where the market is still running at full steam, and I go into the covered market to sketch. Bump into Pat and Chris and we sketch and eat a pizza together. My sketch of the fruit and vegetable stall is highly influenced by a course I did with Suhita Shirodkar last year. And the sketch of the lady making the pizzas is influenced by Inma Serrano's Domestika course, where you sketch the person's movements. Both great workshops that have taught me a lot about sketching people in crowded places.



Then onto the lobsters, unhappy in their tank, ready to be sold for dinner. I haven't had the time to add colour to this one. Maybe I should?


After all that, I guess it was time for a drink and dinner. It was colder, and I had mussels and chips.







No comments:

Post a Comment