Thursday, June 23, 2022

Trinity College Dublin, and a mini portrait party

Back to Trinity College again, this time to meet Max from Leipzig. The weather was better and we sat on the grass behind the Campanile. I decided to tackle a complex subject, well, complex for me. I get fed up with windows and repetition.But this building is where the Hist and the Phil held their debates, I guess they still do. And I spent a lot of time there, as a spectator, in awe at the confidence of Irish students, who would stand up in front of a crowd and talk about anything (sometimes talking shite, but they had the confidence I didn't have at the time!)
I do love meeting urban sketchers from around the world, and it was a pleasure to meet Max, who is super talented, by the way! We talked for a bit, then got into our sketching. 



When we were done in Trinity, we went near the O'Neill's pub near the Molly Malone statue, a favourite with the tourists. I didn't have much time left, so we did a 10-minute portrait party, a pretty intense experience when you're staring into a stranger's eyes while sketching each other! I was very pleased with his version of me! I hope he liked my version of him!




Our pictures for Instagram!






And yes, this was in May, and I had to wear my woolly hat and mittens. This is Ireland. 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment