Sunday, February 13, 2022

Using markers

Some of these markers have been languishing in a drawer for years, literally. I bought 4 bigs Montana acrylic markers in Blicks in Vegas the last time we were there. That's a good few years. And they're still perfect!!

So, no need for me to go buy new art supplies for this online course with Jenny Adam (Ronkiponk). Although, I do lack really pale and really dark colours. You see, yesterday I was thinking I was just distracting myself with this course, but it's actually very useful for value studies, working in negative shapes and shadow shapes. This comes back to my philosophy that art study doesn't have to be linear. At my level anyway. 

These are from photos, both from my hometown, Namur. It's pretty. It's got two rivers, a citadel, lots of old churches, narrow streets, markets. I think it would be a great location for an urban sketching meetup!





No comments:

Post a Comment