Monday, February 14, 2022

Throwback to Amsterdam

This one I did in markers over a pre-painted background done in acrylics. I worked from a photo I took in Amsterdam. It was the day after the Urban Sketchers Symposium in 2019. Pat, Deb and myself had been sketching near the big greenhouse at the botanic gardens I think, and we came across this cafĂ© on a street corner. We had a lovely lunch there, joined by Kate. Then we went our separate ways for a while, and caught up with each other later in the afternoon and had a great last evening in Amsterdam. I can't remember if it was still hot that day, but when I think of Amsterdam, I still feel the heatwave. 
Working with markers helps me get away from local colour and just think of the feeling I want to express. I must do more!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment