Tuesday, February 15, 2022

Fitzwilliam square and sketchers

Wonderful afternoon with Dublin Sketchers - Cold day on Fitzwilliam square. I walked all around until I found a spot sheltered from the wind! But it was in the shade. I didn't think that a South-West wind would be so cold, but the Atlantic is cold at this time of the year, and it probably will get worse as the Gulf Stream loses its strength with climate change!

Towards the end of my sketch, the sun came out from behind and illuminated the bare trees and the red-brick Georgian houses. It was powerful! I love those skies!


And the day that we thought would never come! Government restrictions were lifted and we were able to meet in a pub all together (about 25 of us that day I think) and chat and swap sketchbooks. It was wonderful! I think I was so excited that I didn't have one proper conversation with anyone, as I wanted to talk to everyone!! And I did manage to sketch a few, who will not recognise themselves, so I've written their name beside each sketch!!



And here is my urban sketcher on-location photo!


No comments:

Post a Comment