Friday, February 25, 2022

Lincoln's Inn

Winter in Ireland isn't the best time for watercolours - So I'm doing more pen work in my urban sketching these days. Still carrying everything but the kitchen sink, but really, I only use my Sailor Fude pen, an Ecoline light grey brush marker and a yellow marker for emphasis.

I was on my way to the National Gallery, and when I saw the Guinness delivery lorry in front of the Lincoln's Inn, it made me so happy, I had to stop and sketch it. Happy because it was a great active scene to sketch and also because it meant the pub had re-opened and we would have a nice warm spot to meet afterwards.

There was only one man on the lorry, but he kept moving, handing over the kegs to the guy behind the lorry (not in the sketch - I couldn't see him) every time he shouted READY!

We did meet in the pub afterwards and I sketched a little composite of the lovely celeriac soup (it wasn't that orange - celeriac is more a buff titanium colour, but I don't have a marker for that!) and the lamps and bar at the back of the pub.


No comments:

Post a Comment